Virginia Beach Hardcore

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virginia Beach Hardcore
Virginia Beach Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think more people should start GOOD local bands

+15
FckSlrs
Dead Before Birth
metalxdan
btodailly
EricxPokinatchax
Evil Egyptian
andrewyearly
jxmmy
joee k
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx
kneedeepindead
dirtmcgirt
Admin
VBHC972
Rob
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I think more people should start GOOD local bands - Page 2 Empty Re: I think more people should start GOOD local bands

Post  joee k Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 am

I don't lurk hard enough haha. I mean Canada would be cool. Pretty much impossible haha.
joee k
joee k

http://myspace.com/joeyjellybean246

Back to top Go down

I think more people should start GOOD local bands - Page 2 Empty Re: I think more people should start GOOD local bands

Post  Evil Egyptian Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 am

joee k wrote:I don't lurk hard enough haha. I mean Canada would be cool. Pretty much impossible haha.

Yeah, I really should've specified earlier on. But if you ever need a show up here, just let them know, and they'll hook you up for sure.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  EricxPokinatchax Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:52 am

xVACANT//BLACKOUTx wrote:
joeyi wrote:
KneedeepQuicksand wrote:I think more people should start good bands. I like watching local bands more than touring bands almost always anyways. Its just weird to have PO/JYD/FRAUD/ShortFuse variations on every show. Especially If there are a lot of shows coming up. I'd be stoked and more motivated to go if it was one of my friends bands that i haven't seen 100 times. I know some people are probably opposed to it but i think it would make the "scene" more diverse. If you want to start a band that actually does something. Ask people. I'm sure you could get a band together.

i think what he meant was maybe not just more bands but more "diverse" bands.

not strictly moshy bands... not strictly fast bands.
[left]

Now, more than ever- the VA beach scene needs more unity-thats what set us apart from everywhere else in the U.S
back in the early mid-late 90's.
It seems as if alot of people got pushed out due to more or less "tough guy" attitudes, and lack of support and encouragment (not to mention direction) from the "older" folks in the scene. They either quit, or like me, moved on to greener pastures. Why not try a "Band Lotto"- everyone that plays something-put your name, what you play (or what you would like to play) on a slip of paper, put it in a box, draw 3/4 names (whatever makes up a band)-give the people a month to work out some songs, then have a show w/ the new bands-whatever they come up with. who knows? perhaps
we'll get something killer out of it. Sounds like a fun project at the very least..
Feedback?

I play guitar and have equipment. I think this band-lotto thing is worth a shot. Put my name in the hat. I can play bass too, but don't have equipment. I've always wanted to try vocals, but no one has ever let me try.
EricxPokinatchax
EricxPokinatchax

http://www.myspace.com/ericxpokinatchax

Back to top Go down

Post  btodailly Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:23 am

peep averman and seahawk... most kids arent stepping out of the hardcore realm to realize theres some rad bands doing rad things in hampton roads right now
btodailly
btodailly

Back to top Go down

Post  xVACANT//BLACKOUTx Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:44 am

dirtmcgirt wrote:
skrofthetruth wrote:
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx wrote:
joeyi wrote:
KneedeepQuicksand wrote:I think more people should start good bands. I like watching local bands more than touring bands almost always anyways. Its just weird to have PO/JYD/FRAUD/ShortFuse variations on every show. Especially If there are a lot of shows coming up. I'd be stoked and more motivated to go if it was one of my friends bands that i haven't seen 100 times. I know some people are probably opposed to it but i think it would make the "scene" more diverse. If you want to start a band that actually does something. Ask people. I'm sure you could get a band together.

i think what he meant was maybe not just more bands but more "diverse" bands.

not strictly moshy bands... not strictly fast bands.
[left]

Now, more than ever- the VA beach scene needs more unity-thats what set us apart from everywhere else in the U.S
back in the early mid-late 90's.
It seems as if alot of people got pushed out due to more or less "tough guy" attitudes, and lack of support and encouragment (not to mention direction) from the "older" folks in the scene. They either quit, or like me, moved on to greener pastures. Why not try a "Band Lotto"- everyone that plays something-put your name, what you play (or what you would like to play) on a slip of paper, put it in a box, draw 3/4 names (whatever makes up a band)-give the people a month to work out some songs, then have a show w/ the new bands-whatever they come up with. who knows? perhaps
we'll get something killer out of it. Sounds like a fun project at the very least..
Feedback?
I agree with this post 110%. Its time for change and acceptance. Keep coming out, buying records and shirts, going nuts and having fun. What we build is what we gain.

As far as the Band Lotto - YES. This would be fun and very very interesting.

Wow. Supported 100%

Glad people seem to be digging the idea!-when do you think the best time/place to put this in motion would be?
perhaps the PULLING TEETH show? or-maybe something a little more local-like putting FRAUD/FRAT BOYS/HONOR CODE/WAITING MORTUARY/PUNCHOUT on a show together? that way we could be sure to put some people in some sort of juxtaposition....Any thoughts?
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx

Back to top Go down

Post  metalxdan Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 am

instead of starting a new band some one help a current band out... out of step needs a drummer...i know some one plays drums or knows some one who does....help them out..
metalxdan
metalxdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dead Before Birth Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:24 pm

btodailly wrote:peep averman and seahawk... most kids arent stepping out of the hardcore realm to realize theres some rad bands doing rad things in hampton roads right now
seahawk is reaaally good.

as for the band lotto i can play guitar, bass, and drums so im definitely down.
Dead Before Birth
Dead Before Birth

Back to top Go down

Post  FckSlrs Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:42 pm

the band lotto is one of the best ideas ive heard in a while
FckSlrs
FckSlrs

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:51 pm

metalxdan wrote:instead of starting a new band some one help a current band out... out of step needs a drummer...i know some one plays drums or knows some one who does....help them out..
do they have to be straight edge?

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Margin Walker Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 am

I play bass, or at least I used to. However, my equipment situation is non existent. If you're getting rid of some stuff for cheap, let me know.
Margin Walker
Margin Walker

http://www.myspace.com/gnarxboots

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:38 am

johnny wrote:
metalxdan wrote:instead of starting a new band some one help a current band out... out of step needs a drummer...i know some one plays drums or knows some one who does....help them out..
do they have to be straight edge?
no i mean come on i broke edge haha.

anyone play drums and wanna play stuff like. hope con. rise and fall. pulling teeth botch>?
jordan
jordan

http://www.myspace.com/reckonervb

Back to top Go down

Post  xVACANT//BLACKOUTx Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 am

Glad that theres some support for the band lotto idea-whens the best time to set this up?
Perhaps a more "local" bill..Put the info on a flyer etc..- Try putting together an assortment of bands-
like, FRAUD/WAITING MORTUARY/FRAT BOYS/HONOR CODE/OUT OF STEP/LOSS OF REASON..Something like that?
Thoughts?
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx

Back to top Go down

Post  Knox[VG] Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:23 pm

the main thing we do with vicegrip is to make strictly heavy music. just keep it heavy. and I'm stoked about the support/response we've been getting lately. I think vbhc i going in a good direction with the amount of younger kids that have been going out to shows recently. tons of new faces and shit. All the local bands aren't bad and I dont get sick of seeing them.

maybe pushing on.... cause andrew's such a sleaze.
Knox[VG]
Knox[VG]

http://www.myspace.com/vicegripva

Back to top Go down

Post  Margin Walker Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:30 pm

I've never seen a bad Vicegrip set so far. Your band rules.
Margin Walker
Margin Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  VBHC972 Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 am

Vicegrip - play more shows
Justin - awesome ideas. Let's collaborate at the next show.
VBHC972
VBHC972

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:05 am

I completely back 100% back Vice Grip playing more shows, that would be awesome.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Margin Walker Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:56 am

VBHC972 wrote:Vicegrip - write more songs
Margin Walker
Margin Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Knox[VG] Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 am

we have 3 new ones and one in the making (equal balance is one of the newer ones). The possibility of doing a split with someone for last anthem came up, but are songs were too long to squeeze into one side of a 7inch so we're probably going to do a 4 song ep or something of the sorts. we haven't thought about it too much.

we're severely limited with playing shows because we all live in different cities and go to different schools. Chad and I go to VCU and live in richmond, Keith goes to Tech and lives in Blacksburg, Phil goes to JMU and lives in Harrisonburg, and Rodney lives/works in Norfolk. So the only time we really have time is during breaks or over weekends (weekend shows have to be booked way in advance so everyone can get ahead/caught up in school so we dont get fucked by ragin all weekend).

But thanks for all the encouragement. It really means a lot to me and I'm sure to everyone else in the band.

Buy a goddamn t-shirt so we can get rid of the rest of the weed shirts and make these babies:

I think more people should start GOOD local bands - Page 2 Otherl
Knox[VG]
Knox[VG]

Back to top Go down

Post  Margin Walker Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:29 am

I don't back the weed shirts but jesus christ I want a LOTR shirt. Print them now.
Margin Walker
Margin Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 am

HAHAHA HOLY SHIT! I am about to buy all the weed shirts, just so you guys will print this. Best shirt
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  VBHC972 Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:12 am

Knox, let's talk business. PM me
VBHC972
VBHC972

Back to top Go down

Post  Knox[VG] Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:10 pm

done. get back at me.
Knox[VG]
Knox[VG]

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 am

PRINT THE FUCKING LOTR OF THE RINGS SHIRTS PLEASE!
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Knox[VG] Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:39 am

i want to.
a)i might have to put all of the graphic on the front to conserve costs

or

b)just do it myself again.
Knox[VG]
Knox[VG]

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Knox[VG] wrote:i want to.
a)i might have to put all of the graphic on the front to conserve costs

or

b)just do it myself again.

I know I would pay more than 10 dollhairs for that, and I am sure the same goes for a lot of people. I would probably pay like 15.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next