Virginia Beach Hardcore

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virginia Beach Hardcore
Virginia Beach Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think more people should start GOOD local bands

+15
FckSlrs
Dead Before Birth
metalxdan
btodailly
EricxPokinatchax
Evil Egyptian
andrewyearly
jxmmy
joee k
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx
kneedeepindead
dirtmcgirt
Admin
VBHC972
Rob
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I think more people should start GOOD local bands Empty I think more people should start GOOD local bands

Post  Rob Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:53 pm

I think more people should start good bands. I like watching local bands more than touring bands almost always anyways. Its just weird to have PO/JYD/FRAUD/ShortFuse variations on every show. Especially If there are a lot of shows coming up. I'd be stoked and more motivated to go if it was one of my friends bands that i haven't seen 100 times. I know some people are probably opposed to it but i think it would make the "scene" more diverse. If you want to start a band that actually does something. Ask people. I'm sure you could get a band together.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

I think more people should start GOOD local bands Empty Re: I think more people should start GOOD local bands

Post  VBHC972 Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:56 pm

I play guitar and bass. I have guitar equipment. I've played in Barefist, Fraud and filled in for Junkyard Dogs. Ultimately, I'd like to front a band. Hit me up.
VBHC972
VBHC972

Back to top Go down

I think more people should start GOOD local bands Empty Re: I think more people should start GOOD local bands

Post  Admin Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm

There are more good bands. Vicegrip, Broken Bonds, Out of step.

But I agree more bands need to be started.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Http://myspace.com/pushingonhc

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtmcgirt Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Posting

dirtmcgirt

Back to top Go down

Post  kneedeepindead Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 pm

KneedeepQuicksand wrote:I think more people should start good bands. I like watching local bands more than touring bands almost always anyways. Its just weird to have PO/JYD/FRAUD/ShortFuse variations on every show. Especially If there are a lot of shows coming up. I'd be stoked and more motivated to go if it was one of my friends bands that i haven't seen 100 times. I know some people are probably opposed to it but i think it would make the "scene" more diverse. If you want to start a band that actually does something. Ask people. I'm sure you could get a band together.

i think what he meant was maybe not just more bands but more "diverse" bands.

not strictly moshy bands... not strictly fast bands.
kneedeepindead
kneedeepindead

Back to top Go down

I think more people should start GOOD local bands Empty new bands/different styles..

Post  xVACANT//BLACKOUTx Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:08 pm

joeyi wrote:
KneedeepQuicksand wrote:I think more people should start good bands. I like watching local bands more than touring bands almost always anyways. Its just weird to have PO/JYD/FRAUD/ShortFuse variations on every show. Especially If there are a lot of shows coming up. I'd be stoked and more motivated to go if it was one of my friends bands that i haven't seen 100 times. I know some people are probably opposed to it but i think it would make the "scene" more diverse. If you want to start a band that actually does something. Ask people. I'm sure you could get a band together.

[left]

Now, more than ever- the VA beach scene needs more unity-thats what set us apart from everywhere else in the U.S
back in the early mid-late 90's.
It seems as if alot of people got pushed out due to more or less "tough guy" attitudes, and lack of support and encouragment (not to mention direction) from the "older" folks in the scene. They either quit, or like me, moved on to greener pastures. Why not try a "Band Lotto"- everyone that plays something-put your name, what you play (or what you would like to play) on a slip of paper, put it in a box, draw 3/4 names (whatever makes up a band)-give the people a month to work out some songs, then have a show w/ the new bands-whatever they come up with. who knows? perhaps
we'll get something killer out of it. Sounds like a fun project at the very least..
Feedback?
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx

Back to top Go down

Post  VBHC972 Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 pm

xVACANT//BLACKOUTx wrote:
joeyi wrote:

[left]

Now, more than ever- the VA beach scene needs more unity-thats what set us apart from everywhere else in the U.S
It seems as if alot of people got pushed out due to more or less "tough guy" attitudes, and lack of support and encouragment (not to mention direction) from the "older" folks in the scene. They either quit, or like me, moved on to greener pastures. Why not try a "Band Lotto"- everyone that plays something-put your name, what you play (or what you would like to play) on a slip of paper, put it in a box, draw 3/4 names (whatever makes up a band)-give the people a month to work out some songs, then have a show w/ the new bands-whatever they come up with. who knows? perhaps
we'll get something killer out of it. Sounds like a fun project at the very least..
Feedback?
I agree with this post 110%. Its time for change and acceptance. Keep coming out, buying records and shirts, going nuts and having fun. What we build is what we gain.

As far as the Band Lotto - YES. This would be fun and very very interesting.
VBHC972
VBHC972

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 pm

The band lotto idea rules. I think more people should try to bring new people out to shows. A lot of people only have an idea of what hardcore is, and they have probably never been to a real hardcore show. If you know people who would be intrested bring them out, and more than likely they should have a good time and then they'll keep coming back. If new people come to shows that would mean they might bring more people, and it should make things more diverse.
joee k
joee k

http://myspace.com/joeyjellybean246

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtmcgirt Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:07 pm

skrofthetruth wrote:
xVACANT//BLACKOUTx wrote:
joeyi wrote:

[left]

Feedback?
I agree with this post 110%. Its time for change and acceptance. Keep coming out, buying records and shirts, going nuts and having fun. What we build is what we gain.

As far as the Band Lotto - YES. This would be fun and very very interesting.

Wow. Supported 100%

dirtmcgirt

Back to top Go down

Post  jxmmy Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 pm

OUT OF STEP needs a drummer asap. Been looking for for a while and no one has drums, has time, or knows how to play... We are a hc band that wants to play fast and rockin' stuff like frostbite,cro-mags, striking distance, an, outburst, chain of strength... Please know who those bands are and actually go to shows even when your band isn't playing..

Myspace.com/weareoutofstep

Twitter.com/jxmmy

Hit me up...we jam at our own unit in chesapeake.

jxmmy

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewyearly Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 pm

definitely trying to get something started. i used to play in a band razor ramon up here, but haven't done shit since we broke up. i play guitar, bass, and i sing. considering all my bass equipment got stolen at our last show, i'd be more apt to sing right now, but would play bass our guitar with provided equipment, bummer.

band lotto sounds super dank. count me in.
andrewyearly
andrewyearly

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 pm

My band short fused

myspace.com/shortfusedva

We need a second guitarist. If you are intrested hit us up.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:24 pm

joee k wrote:My band short fused

myspace.com/shortfusedva

I like your band.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Evil Egyptian wrote:

myspace.com/shortfusedva

I like your band.

Thanks dude, come out to our next show on Aug 10th at Gils. What insturments do you play?
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:57 pm

joee k wrote:
Evil Egyptian wrote:

myspace.com/shortfusedva

I like your band.

Thanks dude, come out to our next show on Aug 10th at Gils. What insturments do you play?

I'm sorry, but I don't live anywhere near Virginia Beach. But keep up the good work.

farao
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Evil Egyptian wrote:
joee k wrote:
Evil Egyptian wrote:

myspace.com/shortfusedva

I like your band.

I'm sorry, but I don't live anywhere near Virginia Beach. But keep up the good work.

Ha yeah I saw that right after I posted, well if you ever get a chance to come to one dude you should. Take a road trip, go on beach week or something. It rules your member in this and not from VA.

farao
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 pm

joee k wrote:
Evil Egyptian wrote:
joee k wrote:
Evil Egyptian wrote:

myspace.com/shortfusedva

I like your band.

Ha yeah I saw that right after I posted, well if you ever get a chance to come to one dude you should. Take a road trip, go on beach week or something. It rules your member in this and not from VA.

farao

If I ever get the chance I will definatly come down, hopefully a few friends will come along too.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Awesome dude, yeah let everyone know.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:19 pm

A few of my friends made it down for UB, unfortunately I wasn't able to go. Sucks, but I'll see you dudes next year?
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Evil Egyptian wrote:A few of my friends made it down for UB, unfortunately I wasn't able to go. Sucks, but I'll see you dudes next year?

How many venues do you guys have up where you live?
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:25 pm

None in my city, which sucks because every time there is a show, 200+ kids show up. In the next city over there are a few, 4 hardcore venues tops.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:27 pm

Evil Egyptian wrote:None in my city, which sucks because every time there is a show, 200+ kids show up. In the next city over there are a few, 4 hardcore venues tops.

Oh yeah at least kids show up for shows though. Do you know anyone that sets up shows in that area?
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm

joee k wrote:
Evil Egyptian wrote:None in my city, which sucks because every time there is a show, 200+ kids show up. In the next city over there are a few, 4 hardcore venues tops.

Oh yeah at least kids show up for shows though. Do you know anyone that sets up shows in that area?

Yeah, I know a few people, mostly the dues who book my band. They own a DIY venue called "73". Naysayer and Backtrack played there a few months back.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 pm

That's awesome. Well my band doesn't tour we're all too young haha, but pushing on, junkyard dogs, fraud, and some others do. You should talk to them about setting up a show in your area.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm

joee k wrote:That's awesome. Well my band doesn't tour we're all too young haha, but pushing on, junkyard dogs, fraud, and some others do. You should talk to them about setting up a show in your area.

My band is also too young to tour. Cool

The best way to book a show with them is to contact them through their myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/73stpaul

P.s. I live in Canada, just letting you know, haha.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next