Virginia Beach Hardcore

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virginia Beach Hardcore
Virginia Beach Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas, opinions

+14
ben z
johnny
pug
Margin Walker
Richard
Kyle Fuller
Evan
dirtmcgirt
Twelvie
Evil Egyptian
Rob
VBHC972
kneedeepindead
joee k
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ideas, opinions Empty Ideas, opinions

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 pm

What are some ideas or things you would like to see at shows? Anything really, what would make you wanna come out more, and new people tag along.

For example, I and whoever else is intrested would want to build a stage. Mainly for the ruritan. Nothing super expensive, and nothing huge, SOMETHING THAT CAN BE TAKEN APART AND WON'T BREAK. Stagediving is a lot of fun, and there isn't too many places in VB where you can stagedive or headwalk or any of that. Would any one like to help?

Post your ideas.
joee k
joee k

http://myspace.com/joeyjellybean246

Back to top Go down

Ideas, opinions Empty Re: Ideas, opinions

Post  kneedeepindead Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 pm

joee k wrote:What are some ideas or things you would like to see at shows? Anything really, what would make you wanna come out more, and new people tag along.

For example, I and whoever else is intrested would want to build a stage. Mainly for the ruritan. Nothing super expensive, and nothing huge, SOMETHING THAT CAN BE TAKEN APART AND WON'T BREAK. Stagediving is a lot of fun, and there isn't too many places in VB where you can stagedive or headwalk or any of that. Would any one like to help?

Post your ideas.

after last night it is safe to say you can dive off amps as long as people are cool with it... bu yeah.. building a stage that can collapse and be rebuilt... not easy
kneedeepindead
kneedeepindead

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:23 pm

joeyi wrote:
joee k wrote:What are some ideas or things you would like to see at shows? Anything really, what would make you wanna come out more, and new people tag along.

Post your ideas.

after last night it is safe to say you can dive off amps as long as people are cool with it... bu yeah.. building a stage that can collapse and be rebuilt... not easy

I used to build huge skateboarding ramps and boxes all the time. It wouldn't be anything genuis just a small two or three peice stage. We could rent out a nearbye storage unit and store it there. Or someones house.

But yeah just anything to jump off of really would be great, amps, tables, chairs.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  VBHC972 Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I think a collapsible stage is a great idea. Do some research and we can all collaborate.
VBHC972
VBHC972

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 pm

skrofthetruth wrote:I think a collapsible stage is a great idea. Do some research and we can all collaborate.

They have one at my school. They actually have three of them. All you need is a certain type of wood with detachable legs. Make 3 or 4 peices of stage the right size to fit in the back of a truck and WAM. It takes like 5 minutes to attach the legs.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:40 pm

joee k wrote:
skrofthetruth wrote:I think a collapsible stage is a great idea. Do some research and we can all collaborate.

They have one at my school. They actually have three of them. All you need is a certain type of wood with detachable legs. Make 3 or 4 peices of stage the right size to fit in the back of a truck and WAM. It takes like 5 minutes to attach the legs.

The ruritan is fine. We should follow all rules to allow us to be able to keep using it. If you build a stage and for some fucked up reason the fire marshall shows up it will be bad news. Leave it as is. Make your jumping stuff with shit there. Im 6'2" ... jump off my back.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:14 pm

KneedeepQuicksand wrote:
joee k wrote:

The ruritan is fine. We should follow all rules to allow us to be able to keep using it. If you build a stage and for some fucked up reason the fire marshall shows up it will be bad news. Leave it as is. Make your jumping stuff with shit there. Im 6'2" ... jump off my back.

That's true, we don't want to take a chance of ruining that place or getting banned from it.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Believe it or not, bringing Baked Goods to your shows will attract lots of people hahaha
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  Twelvie Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 pm

Evil Egyptian wrote:Believe it or not, bringing Baked Goods to your shows will attract lots of people hahaha
I need to learn how to make vegan friendly baked goods.

Twelvie

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtmcgirt Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Merch raffles.

Each band can throw in CD's/shirts/etc. And sell raffle tickets for $2-$3 a piece. Money can be split to support the touring bands. Drawing can be held at the end of the show to make sure no one leaves before the last set.

Last edited by dirtmcgirt on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

dirtmcgirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Twelvie wrote:
Evil Egyptian wrote:Believe it or not, bringing Baked Goods to your shows will attract lots of people hahaha
I need to learn how to make vegan friendly baked goods.

I mean, who doesn't like Baked goods?
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:07 am

I like both of these ideas. The baked good idea would be cool we could also get water/soda/candy and what not.

The merch raffle would be fun to, I know I would throw down 2 or 3 dollars for that.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Egyptian Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 am

They would also help with making a little extra money, which never hurts and could potentially lead to cheaper shows or a bigger pay for bands.
Evil Egyptian
Evil Egyptian

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:11 am

merch raffles are a really good idea.
as for the stage
id only say do it if we could find a fire marshall legal way to do so
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Fuller Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:58 pm

this would be so awesome

Kyle Fuller

http://www.myspace.com/kylexcrunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 pm

This is exactly why I love going to the canal club, its like every 3 seconds someone is head walking or stage diving.
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Margin Walker Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 am

Canal club's cool. As for the Ruritan, there are plenty of things to jump off of. There is a particularly wide windowsill in the opposite corner that I'm not very fond of anymore, but it's a convenient jumping off point. Get creative, find your own ways to have fun.

One thing I will say about the ruritan is that people tend to instinctively line the walls as opposed to moving up at all. I mean, I understand, no one wants to be pitted, but it's a little weird walking into an empty space with the bands squeezed into a corner and everyone watching from the other side of the room. And then everything gets pitted anyway. So move up. That'd be cool.

If someone brings brownies and soda to the next show god help the poor souls who are standing in my way.
Margin Walker
Margin Walker

http://www.myspace.com/gnarxboots

Back to top Go down

Post  pug Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:49 pm

The Ruritan would be awesome for a show/cookout. It has a kitchen and picnic tables.
a few bands could play and then everyone could eat then another band or two could finish up.

pug

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:54 am

pug wrote:The Ruritan would be awesome for a show/cookout. It has a kitchen and picnic tables.
a few bands could play and then everyone could eat then another band or two could finish up.

sounds like fun
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:18 pm

i will help with stage building......it would be easy to make like as joe said make like skate boxes( built hundreds in my skating days) like 4 foot by 4foot by 2 feet tall and put like 8 of them together to make a stage then they wouldnt have to be taken apart and you have to take into account they have to be stored somewhere.

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  kneedeepindead Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:26 pm

johnny wrote:i will help with stage building......it would be easy to make like as joe said make like skate boxes( built hundreds in my skating days) like 4 foot by 4foot by 2 feet tall and put like 8 of them together to make a stage then they wouldnt have to be taken apart and you have to take into account they have to be stored somewhere.

we'd need to get something to keep them together otherwise they'd slide around and all the gear would get fucked..

maybe rigging straps or some shit?
kneedeepindead
kneedeepindead

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Or rubber feet .... why the fuck would we use rig straps? Like I said It doesn't need a stage. What people don't realize is that EVERYONE stands up against the walls. Who are you going to dive on? Can you jump 15 feet? During the two or three sing alongs each show jump off someones shoulders or a chair.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joee k Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:51 pm

We will make a human stage.
joee k
joee k

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 pm

i would just put a couple screws in each of them. no need for straps..

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:56 pm

johnny wrote:i would just put a couple screws in each of them. no need for straps..
also wood is not cheap so we should start a funding system or some kind of benefit show.

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum